Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Letter of the Week

Letter M

'M' is for monkeys and M&Ms!

Day 1-

I usually set up a few letter activities out on the table.

T is pretty familiar with all the activities now. I let her choose which ones to do. Some days we get to all of them, and some days we don't.

I began these letter games (as we call them) so she could become familiar with all her letters and their sounds. I never want to push it on her and thankfully, I never have to. She really looks forward to doing them and enjoys learning her letters.

Day 2-

I always do our letter of the week over a 2-day span.

She is, after all, only three. This way, she doesn't lose interest.

We did a new activity this week that gave T practice with using scissors. She chose to hold her scissors a little different than the norm...

We didn't do a craft this week, but rather, a science experiment found here: Candy Experiments


Honestly, I don't know if we did this experiment the correct way. It was mainly to see what happens to M&Ms when they are put into water.

T learned that they dissolve and the colored dye spreads.

She had fun watching the pretty colors in the water. Then, she noticed a little letter 'M' floating around.

She thought that was pretty neat, and I did too.


I found this week's letter 'M' activities from Confessions of a Homeschooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment